(1) Initial license application fees for licensed alcohol and drug counselors (LADC).
This initial fee is $394. The breakdown is a $99 surcharge fee and $295 application fee.
(2) Biennial renewal fee for LADC. The LADC license renewal fee is $394. The breakdown is a $99 surcharge fee and $295 LADC biennial renewal application fee. If the board establishes the renewal schedule and the expiration date is less than two years, the fee must be prorated.
(3) Inactive renewal fee. The LADC inactive renewal fee is $249. The breakdown is a $99 surcharge fee and $150 inactive fee.
(4) Late fee. The late fee is 25 percent of the LADC biennial renewal fee, the LADC inactive renewal fee, or the annual fee for renewal of temporary practice status.
(5) Surcharge fee. Notwithstanding section 16A.1285, subdivision 2, a surcharge of $99 shall be paid at the time of initial application for or renewal of an alcohol and drug counselor license until June 30, 2013.
(6) Initial temporary permit application fee is $100.
(7) Renewal fee for the annual renewal of a temporary permit is $150, but when the first expiration date occurs in less or more than one year, the fee must be prorated.
(8) Fee to renew after expiration of the LADC license. The fee for renewal of a LADC license that has expired for less than two years is the total of the biennial renewal fee, the late fee, and a fee of $100 for review and approval of the continuing education report.
(9) Fee for license verifications. The fee for license verification to institutions and other jurisdictions is $25.
(10) Sponsor application fee. The fee for sponsor application for approval of a continuing education course is $60.
(11) Order or Stipulation fee. The fee for a copy of a board order or stipulation is $10.
(12) Duplicate certificate fee. The fee for a duplicate certificate is $25
(13) Supervisor application processing fee. The fee for licensure supervisor application processing is $30.
(9) PENALTY FEES (a) The penalty fee for practicing alcohol and drug counseling without a current license after the credential has expired and before it is renewed is the amount of the license renewal fee for any part of the first month, plus the license renewal fee for any part of any subsequent month up to 36 months.
(b) The penalty fee for applicants who engage in the unauthorized practice of alcohol and drug counseling before being issued a license is the amount of the license application fee for any part of the first month, plus the license application fee for any part of any subsequent month up to 36 months. This paragraph does not apply to applicants not qualifying for a license who engage in the unauthorized practice of alcohol and drug counseling.
(c) The penalty fee for failing to submit a continuing education report by the due date with the correct number or type of hours in the correct time period is $100 plus $20 for each missing clock hour. The licensee must obtain the correct number of continuing education hours by the next reporting due date.
(d) Civil penalties and discipline incurred by licensees prior to August 1, 2005, for conduct described in paragraph (a), (b), or (c) shall be recorded as nondisciplinary penalty fees. For conduct described in paragraph (a) or (b) occurring after August 1, 2005, and exceeding 12 months, payment of a penalty fee does not preclude any disciplinary action reasonably justified by the individual case.
All fees are nonrefundable.